Friday, April 3, 2009

31/3

The 31st of every month is a great day for ice cream lovers like Wei Khang and Qiran, as Baskin Robbins is 31% off that day.

On 31st, i played basketball till 830 (a tiring 3.5 hr session). I went back home and got ready and it was not until 915 before i managed to reach OU for my dinner. I met Mr Lawlipop there. He was buying batteries for his graphic calculator for the calculus test on the following day.

Lollipop told me he was in a dilemma on whether to buy BR or to visit the cinemas during the weekend. I asked him why cant you have both, and as usual, he said "too expensive".

As we were walking back to the bicycle carpark we passed by the BR shop. The queue was "quite long" but since i really wanted to buy some delicious Br for my mother, i queued anyway. Initially lollipop wanted to buy too so he queued with me. After about less than a minute, he disappeared out of my sight.

5 minutes later, he changed his mind and decided to buy some and relish it during the weekend. We had a good time chatting while waiting for the queue and after about 0.5 hrs of waiting, we managed to head back to our student houses with a pint of BR each (same flavour too).

I recall telling him that although its a good habit to save for a rainy day, its not good to oversave as dieing rich is pointless. Till this day, i still have no idea whether my statement had any influence on his decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment