Friday, June 12, 2009

Are you the exception, or are you the rule?

Have you ever come across a situation where you keep wondering whether a boy or girl is interested in you or not?

Well usually, its really hard to tell. When you do encounter such a situation, you would usually want to read "signs". Signs like "oh he asked for my phone number! Hes gonna call me out again!" after your first date or "she everyday peek at me one leh!" or "he macam shy shy when he is in front of me..." The examples can go on and on...

However signs are often misinterpreted. People tend to manipulate the signs to convince themselves that the opposite party is interested in them. It is unfortunate but this is the human nature. And this often misleads people, which will end up in misery if the interest is one sided, or it may bring about joy! If both parties are interested.

And the thing is, when signs are manipulated and misinterpreted, you usually assume that you are the exception. When a guy asks for you phone number and doesn't call, you will think that "maybe he has lost my number, maybe he called but I didn't get the voicemail, or maybe he met with an accident..." What if that guy doesn't call because hes just not interested?

"Eh eh, she still peeking at me one leh, i think she really likes me larh~" (omg how desperate can he be). "Eh how come she stop peeking at me adi one! Maybe shes just shy..." What if she has been peeking at some other guy, or maybe even your friend sitting beside you, all along...

"Eh you know hor, that guy that I said he shy shy in front of me one, i think that guy really likes me leh. You see ah, he everyday macam around me one, but when hes really close to me, he macam want to avoid me leh. I think hes too shy to approach me wo, hehehehehhehe..." What if that guy being around you is just a coincidence, and that he really wants to avoid you, because he might think that you are interested in him and you are just not his type?

Exceptional assumptions, with exceptional scenarios, on your exceptional self... (Desperate? Pathetic?)

The one hard cold bitter truth is this, the rule rules in matters like this. If a guy is interested in you, he will call. If he wants to court you, he will do whatever it takes to make it work. If a girl likes you, she likes you and likewise.

However, is that really the truth? Rules are meant to be broken. So do we really have abide by the rules? Because if we do, then probably we will end up pushing all relationships away, destroying the slightest chances, the speck of possibilities.

Sometimes, it is these silly assumptions that spark relationships. Silly assumptions, which lead to a course of silly actions, which might make the opposite party realise that you are the one. So what if your assumptions are wrong? You might be wrong for this ONE assumption, but that doesn't mean ALL your assumptions are wrong.

If you found your special someone, he/she is your exception, your miracle. There is no rule. So allow your wild imagination to devour your conscience, let love in.

1 comment: